The Climate Camp Leipzig is back. It will take place from 5th to 7th of June 2020.
Together with you we want to develop utopias and visions of a society fostering ‘a good life for everyone‘ and resilient against every crises. A society rooted in solidarity, sustainability and democracy.
Corona uncovers the causes of injustice and exploitation of nature even more. This exceptional camp gives space to exchange about the multiple crises ranging from the health crisis to the climate crisis and explore the underlining global interrelations and power structures. Thereby we will also reflect on our own role and positioning within the structure as well as empower each other.
How is this possible in times of corona? Mainly online and by video chat.
You will have the opportunity to participate in practical and theoretical workshops about a necessary system change ranging from digital self-defense to BI_PoC** Empowerment. There will be room to get involved, reflect, discuss, do fun stuff, plan actions and to unite & organize.
- interactive fishbowl-discussion about the climate justice movements during corona times
- workshops, for example about reflecting racism within the climate movement, societal transformation, skills for effective climate justice activism, BI_PoC** and white*** perspectives on the multiple crises
- panel discussion on different global perspectives on the fights for climate justice
- activist action in Leipzig – we go back on the streets together
- cultural program (concert,…)
- open space, socializing, room for exchange
No matter if you have ever been to a climate camp or not, no matter if you are in an activist group or not: climate camps are – in person or online – always a good start for everything!
More information, a packing list and registrations for the workshop can be found on the website of the Climate Camp Leipzig starting at Thursday, the 28th of May:
We are very happy to meet you soon!
Your Climate Camp Leipzig
* The Climate Camp Leipzig 3.0 cannot take place as planned, due to the Corona shutdown. Now follows the second addition in version 3.1 digital.
** Black, Indigenous & People of Color
*** “White” does not denote a biological characteristic or real skin colour, but a political and social construction. Being white represents the dominant and privileged position within the power relationship racism, which often remains unspoken and unnamed.